Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to fix range of the legend for time dependent simulation results?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using COMSOL for time dependent simulations. While visualizing the results, the legend rescales depending on the solution range for each timestep. This prevents comparison of results between two timesteps.

Can anybody suggest, how to fix the legend range constant for all the results?

1 Reply Last Post 13 oct. 2013, 18:35 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 oct. 2013, 18:35 UTC−4
Hi,

in the plot (3D or 2D) connected to your time dependent step, go to "Range" and in "Manual color range" you can specify the max and min values to be assigned to the colour scale. Of course, you should know the max and the min value (over the entire time range) of the variable you want to plot.
I hope this helps

Cheers
Hi, in the plot (3D or 2D) connected to your time dependent step, go to "Range" and in "Manual color range" you can specify the max and min values to be assigned to the colour scale. Of course, you should know the max and the min value (over the entire time range) of the variable you want to plot. I hope this helps Cheers

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.