Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling Physics (Piezoelectric + Laminar Flow)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day,

I am currently running a simulation of a SAW device that interacts with a fluid domain.
I have managed to simulate the SAW device with the piezoelectric physics but have yet to be able to couple it with the laminar flow physics to be able to see the interaction between the SAW produced and how it affects the fluid domain on it; as well as if the viscosity of the fluid dampens the SAW.

I have tried defining the wall velocity of the fluid as the time derivative of the displacement from the piezoelectric physics in the Global Definitions > Functions > External. But it proved futile.

Can someone teach me the right way to be able to couple these two physics?

Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post 2 avr. 2014, 05:46 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 oct. 2013, 20:31 UTC−4
Hi, have you had any luck with this model? I am trying to do the same thing but so far have been unable to couple the physics successfully. Please let me know what progress you have made.

Thanks!
Hi, have you had any luck with this model? I am trying to do the same thing but so far have been unable to couple the physics successfully. Please let me know what progress you have made. Thanks!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 avr. 2014, 05:46 UTC−4
hi
i have the same problem have you found out how to couple these two physics?\if yes please let me know
thanks
hi i have the same problem have you found out how to couple these two physics?\if yes please let me know thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.