Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

adding new property

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

How to add new property to the material such as Seebeck coefficient? This is not available in COMSOL property list

4 Replies Last Post 4 avr. 2016, 11:42 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Susant Patra

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 10 years ago 28 déc. 2014, 08:19 UTC−5
Hi Susant,

I'm a new learner and i am facing the same problem as yours. Did you able to add the Seebeck coefficient now?
I'm using comsol version 4.2.

Thank you.
Aqilah
Hi Susant, I'm a new learner and i am facing the same problem as yours. Did you able to add the Seebeck coefficient now? I'm using comsol version 4.2. Thank you. Aqilah

Posted: 10 years ago 29 déc. 2014, 08:13 UTC−5
Hi,
Maybe you should update your comsol version. I'm sure comsol 4.4 has Seebeck coefficient just under the basic property of material property.
Hi, Maybe you should update your comsol version. I'm sure comsol 4.4 has Seebeck coefficient just under the basic property of material property.

Posted: 8 years ago 15 févr. 2016, 17:33 UTC−5
Hi, none of the above really answers the question... I'm stumbling on a similar one at the moment; Joule Thomson coefficient.

Yes, I could wait for COMSOL 6.8 and yes JT might be on that one.

But is there a way to add material properties to the existing list?

Thanks, John
Hi, none of the above really answers the question... I'm stumbling on a similar one at the moment; Joule Thomson coefficient. Yes, I could wait for COMSOL 6.8 and yes JT might be on that one. But is there a way to add material properties to the existing list? Thanks, John

Posted: 8 years ago 4 avr. 2016, 11:42 UTC−4
In general when faced with problems like these, I would
recommend to tage a step back and refresh your mind with information on your subject matter, in this case
the Seebeck Coefficent.
I really like the explanations given on here: www.linseis.com/en/our-products/seebeck-coefficient-electric-resistivity/
Should be easy to understand and also help with your problem in Comsol
In general when faced with problems like these, I would recommend to tage a step back and refresh your mind with information on your subject matter, in this case the Seebeck Coefficent. I really like the explanations given on here: http://www.linseis.com/en/our-products/seebeck-coefficient-electric-resistivity/ Should be easy to understand and also help with your problem in Comsol

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.