Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

movement of a wire in an electric field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol-Community,

I am very new to Comsol. My task is to simulate the movement of a wire particle in the electric field of a gas-insulated-transmission-line. the movement is caused by some forces acting on that particle (coulomb force, gravitational force and a force due to the dynamic viscosity of the insulation gas) and is described by a differential equation. The charge of the particle is defined by a global parameter at the moment (dont know if this is the best way).

In the first step i want to simulate only the movement of the particle. My appoach is to couple the electrostatic, general form pde and moving mesh physics in a time dependent study. Is this the right way? how can i display the movement of the particle?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Arno Tuna

edit: I forgott to attach the .mph-file. it is to big for adding it by the forum function. Here is the dropbox link: www.dropbox.com/s/kwbcre9chgoqk2n/step1.mph

0 Replies Last Post 2 sept. 2013, 05:53 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arno Tuna

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.