Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to specify the phase shift in electric currents (ec)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I try to reproduce the 3-phase cable simulation as shown in
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCLcbSQB1-Q

I used the electric currents physics and time-dependent. How to specify the phase shift among the three rods? Using "Time-dependent" don't allow me to specify the frequency. I attached the mph files here also. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Jinxiang

3 Replies Last Post 23 juil. 2015, 17:56 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 août 2013, 09:53 UTC−4
Jinxiang,

you can apply a complex value to the current. This allows to introduce phase shift.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
Jinxiang, you can apply a complex value to the current. This allows to introduce phase shift. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 août 2013, 09:26 UTC−4
Hi!
This was an electric field simulation, so better use ES, if you have materials with different epsilon.
In transient case you can simply add your phase shift to each potential definition.
Ralf
Hi! This was an electric field simulation, so better use ES, if you have materials with different epsilon. In transient case you can simply add your phase shift to each potential definition. Ralf

Posted: 9 years ago 23 juil. 2015, 17:56 UTC−4
can you tell me how you can accomplish that, I'm also trying to find out
can you tell me how you can accomplish that, I'm also trying to find out

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.