Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to calculate the electric field distortion produced by a water droplet, which I simulate as a half sphere.

When depositing the droplet on flat surfaces, like the one shown on the attached picture, I just set the center of the sphere to be on the surface. It works fine, I set the half sphere buried on the insulator to be the same material of the insulator and the half sphere outside of the insulator to be water.

But when I try to do the same trick on a round surface, on the shaft of the insulator, it fails with the following error:

ERROR
-----
A problem occurred when building mesh feature 'Free Tetrahedral 1'.
Failed to generate mesh for domain.
- Domain: 1
Failed to respect boundary element edge on geometry face.
- Face: 86
- x-coordinate: 25.5097
- y-coordinate: 1.24467
- z-coordinate: 407.117
Internal error in boundary respecting.
Error in multiphysics compilation.

WARNING
-------
Low minimum element quality

What can I do?

Thanks

Diego Puertas

Edit: just found out how to decrease the file size, so I'm attaching the model file too.

0 Replies Last Post 23 juil. 2013, 00:26 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Diego Puertas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.