Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sequential point force excitation of a mechanical structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am rather new at Comsol, so maybe this question is simple.

I have a structure for which I need to calculate the dynamic response in the form of a transfer matrix. The transfer matrix is the response at some receiving points due to the excitation of a point force at some excitation points (1 force at a time only).
My problem is that I have 27 excitation points! Is there a way to compute this matrix in a quick way or will I have to make 27 load cases and therefore 27 computations and data exports, in order to organise the matrix in Matlab later on.

According to your experience, which way is the best to export dynamic responses of a structure to matlab.

Thank you in advance for you support.
Fred

0 Replies Last Post 27 juin 2013, 02:37 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello fw76

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.