Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Port Phase

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a question about the port phase in rf module.

I noticed that the software accepts 'i' as an argument for the field "port phase". what does that do? if I'im using multiple ports what is the phase difference between my signals?

I thought it would have been 'pi/2' radians but the results are different

thanks,

Luca

1 Reply Last Post 20 avr. 2013, 14:06 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 avr. 2013, 14:06 UTC−4
Hi

COMSOL uses the physor notation by defalt (see the doc) so if you have 3 ports at 120° phse difference you would typically write ou, for a frequency domain sweep solver caset:
phase 1: V0
phase 2: V0*e^(j*2*pi/3)
phase 3: V0*e^(j*4*pi/3)
Hope its clear.

Note: to be sure plot out the voltages (or currents if applicable)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi COMSOL uses the physor notation by defalt (see the doc) so if you have 3 ports at 120° phse difference you would typically write ou, for a frequency domain sweep solver caset: phase 1: V0 phase 2: V0*e^(j*2*pi/3) phase 3: V0*e^(j*4*pi/3) Hope its clear. Note: to be sure plot out the voltages (or currents if applicable) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.