Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

LiveLink for MATLAB Y Axis Label Mirroring Problem in Mac OS X

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When plotting a figure with the LiveLink for MATLAB, the Y label appears as a mirror image. I am running COMSOL 4.3a (4.3.1.161) with 64-bit Matlab R2012b (8.0.0.783) in Mac OS X Version 10.8.3. The problem does not occur if I make the plot directly in Matlab, so I believe it must be a bug in the LiveLink. Has anyone else experienced this problem or know if it is a known bug or have any workarounds? Any help would be appreciated - thank you. Code for the figure pasted below.

% Create figure for permeability dispersion
figure3 = figure('Color',[1 1 1],'Position',[1 51 640 450],'PaperPositionMode','Auto','Visible','on');

% Create axes
axes('Parent',figure3,...
'YGrid','on',...
'XLim',[min(lambda_0)*1e9 max(lambda_0)*1e9],...
'XMinorTick','on',...
'XGrid','on',...
'LineWidth',3,...
'FontWeight','bold',...
'FontSize',18,...
'FontName','Times');
box('on');
hold('all');

% Create real part of simulated plot
plot(lambda_0.*1e9,real(mu_sim),'MarkerSize',20,'Marker','.','LineStyle','-','LineWidth',2,'Color',[1 0 0]);

% Create imag part of simulated plot
plot(lambda_0.*1e9,imag(mu_sim),'MarkerSize',20,'Marker','.','LineStyle','-','LineWidth',2,'Color',[0 0 1]);

% Create xlabel
xlabel('Wavelength [nm]','FontWeight','bold','FontSize',18,...
'FontName','Times');

% Create ylabel
ylabel('Relative Permeability (\mu)','FontWeight','bold','FontSize',18,...
'FontName','Times');

% Create legend
legend('{\mu}_{real} (COMSOL)','{\mu}_{imag} (COMSOL)','location','Best');

1 Reply Last Post 10 févr. 2015, 18:07 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Brent Trenhaile

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 10 févr. 2015, 18:07 UTC−5
Hi Brent,

I have the same problem for a while now. Since it doesnt show up when I save the figure I decided to ignore it but now it's becoming annoying.
Have you solved the issue?
Thanks

Michael
Hi Brent, I have the same problem for a while now. Since it doesnt show up when I save the figure I decided to ignore it but now it's becoming annoying. Have you solved the issue? Thanks Michael

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.