Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[Batch Run on Linux Cluster Problem]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am currently trying to run COMSOL/4.3a in batch mode on our university cluster. I am able to submit the job and pull it back after computation.

However, although the size of the *.mph has increased, I don't see anything new appearing in the results section.

My questions are as follow:

Is this related to the GUI missing while running in batch on the linux cluster?

How should I build the plots again?

Am I doing something wrong?

In attachment are the file submited to the cluster (batchmode.mph), the file received from it (batchmode_outputfile.mph) as well as the log of the computation.

Moreover, I am running heat_convection_2d.mph tutorial. And when I run the batch locally (directly from the COMSOL interface) everything is fine (see also attached logs -localBatchLogs.jpg-).

2 Replies Last Post 21 mars 2013, 11:12 UTC−4
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 mars 2013, 08:12 UTC−4
Dear Thierry,

the result of a computation should be visible as a dataset. If not, you have done something wrong.
Open the model library of COMSOL and type "cluster" in the search field. You find there two tutorials.

If this does not help, submit your question to us in support via www.comsol.com/support/

Sven Friedel
COMSOL Multiphysics, Zurich
Dear Thierry, the result of a computation should be visible as a dataset. If not, you have done something wrong. Open the model library of COMSOL and type "cluster" in the search field. You find there two tutorials. If this does not help, submit your question to us in support via http://www.comsol.com/support/ Sven Friedel COMSOL Multiphysics, Zurich

Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 mars 2013, 11:12 UTC−4
Hi Thierry,

please see my answer in the following thread:
www.ch.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/34964/

Sven
Hi Thierry, please see my answer in the following thread: http://www.ch.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/34964/ Sven

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.