Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

changing boundary cond. with time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I want to ask for advice how to change boundary condition in time. E.g. I have exact temperature on boundary for 3600 sec. and after this time, I want to change this boundary to insulation. I've tried using Convective cooling function with very high and low user definied heat transfer coefficient as a function of time.

But now, I want to have one boundary that is insulated and after some amout of time it will become Convective cooling (Internal forced convection), so I can't change the heat transfer coef. I've tried to set velocity of external fluid to zero, but it didn't work quite well (still some heat fluxes through boundary).

I've also tried to make more study steps that will continue one after other, but than it's hard to manage with results. Time series results doesn't make continuous solutions, i cant export animations, etc..

I hope, there's some great solution for this, that i've missed.

Best regards, Jan.

2 Replies Last Post 24 août 2015, 21:53 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mars 2013, 10:59 UTC−4
Hi

I would suggest to split your model into two sequential time series (with a manual "store solution" in between) then you can change the enable/disable of your BC's.
To use all solutions you need to "join" then two data sets, but just now I have a doubt if it's possible to concatenate two time series in 4.3a, it could still be on the wish list ;)
Then pls report to "support" to give higher priority to this feature.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would suggest to split your model into two sequential time series (with a manual "store solution" in between) then you can change the enable/disable of your BC's. To use all solutions you need to "join" then two data sets, but just now I have a doubt if it's possible to concatenate two time series in 4.3a, it could still be on the wish list ;) Then pls report to "support" to give higher priority to this feature. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 24 août 2015, 21:53 UTC−4

Hi

I would suggest to split your model into two sequential time series (with a manual "store solution" in between) then you can change the enable/disable of your BC's.
To use all solutions you need to "join" then two data sets, but just now I have a doubt if it's possible to concatenate two time series in 4.3a, it could still be on the wish list ;)
Then pls report to "support" to give higher priority to this feature.

--
Good luck
Ivar

Hi, Ivar Kjelberg
I have a problem same as this ,I wonder how to split a model into two sequential time series? thanks a lot.
[QUOTE] Hi I would suggest to split your model into two sequential time series (with a manual "store solution" in between) then you can change the enable/disable of your BC's. To use all solutions you need to "join" then two data sets, but just now I have a doubt if it's possible to concatenate two time series in 4.3a, it could still be on the wish list ;) Then pls report to "support" to give higher priority to this feature. -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Hi, Ivar Kjelberg I have a problem same as this ,I wonder how to split a model into two sequential time series? thanks a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.