Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About creation of struturegeomerty

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi...!
I am a student of University of Pune,working on Rf MEMS Switch. I can't get how to create a structural geometry of cantilever beam in Com sol multiphysics.
So please help me to create a geometry.

--
uhyadav

5 Replies Last Post 16 avr. 2013, 05:58 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 févr. 2013, 01:54 UTC−5
Hi

if you are stating with COMSOL, I can only recommend to start in 2D, then later move to 3D once your model is running, particularly when mixing several physics. For a cantilever you draw it simply with a rectangle (I suggest to split in two by the middle with a geometry layer setting at half the height to force 2 mes elements per thickness, minimum), then fix one end and run i.e. an eigenfrequency study

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you are stating with COMSOL, I can only recommend to start in 2D, then later move to 3D once your model is running, particularly when mixing several physics. For a cantilever you draw it simply with a rectangle (I suggest to split in two by the middle with a geometry layer setting at half the height to force 2 mes elements per thickness, minimum), then fix one end and run i.e. an eigenfrequency study -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 févr. 2013, 00:02 UTC−5

Thank you very much for your valuable help.
--
uhyadav
Thank you very much for your valuable help. -- uhyadav

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 avr. 2013, 02:56 UTC−4
I have problem with how to analyses the various physics for RF MEMS switch.

--
uhyadav
I have problem with how to analyses the various physics for RF MEMS switch. -- uhyadav

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 avr. 2013, 14:24 UTC−4
Hi

you need to explain a bit more for us out here to understand, have you looked at the different webinars videos on the main COMSOL site ? such as

www.comsol.eu/video/

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need to explain a bit more for us out here to understand, have you looked at the different webinars videos on the main COMSOL site ? such as http://www.comsol.eu/video/ -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 avr. 2013, 05:58 UTC−4

This my .mpd file using comsol4.1,please help me for adding physics for simulation of this geometry. For this use electrostatics as a physics.
--
uhyadav
This my .mpd file using comsol4.1,please help me for adding physics for simulation of this geometry. For this use electrostatics as a physics. -- uhyadav

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.