Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL Error Message

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I've been problems with COMSOL in Plasma Module

The following feature has encountered a problem:

"The source selection for the operator intpot1 must be nonempty. Error in multiphysics compilation.
- Feature: Compile Equation : Time Dependent (Sol1/st1)
- Error: The source selection for the operator intpot1 must be nonempty"

Would you mind to help me?

Thanks you very much

Natthawut

2 Replies Last Post 6 févr. 2013, 20:10 UTC−5
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 févr. 2013, 10:00 UTC−5
Natthawut,

You did not select any domain or boundary when you defined integration operator under Definition/Model Coupling/Integration.

Regards,
Sergei
Natthawut, You did not select any domain or boundary when you defined integration operator under Definition/Model Coupling/Integration. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 févr. 2013, 20:10 UTC−5
Thank you sir

I modified the program to run. I also have a error message following

"Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity.
Time : 6.331016568333548e-009
Undefined value found.
Undefined value found in the stiffness matrix.
There are 2 equations giving NaN/Inf in the matrix rows for the variable mod1.wAr_1p.
at coordinates: (2.3612e-005,9.08325e-005), (2.15237e-005,8.63755e-005), ...
and similarly for the degrees of freedom, NaN/Inf in the matrix columns.
Last time step is not converged.
- Feature: Time Dependent (Sol1/st1)
- Error Repeated error test failures. May have reache a singularity"

Would you mind to help me?

Best Regards
Natthawut
Thank you sir I modified the program to run. I also have a error message following "Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity. Time : 6.331016568333548e-009 Undefined value found. Undefined value found in the stiffness matrix. There are 2 equations giving NaN/Inf in the matrix rows for the variable mod1.wAr_1p. at coordinates: (2.3612e-005,9.08325e-005), (2.15237e-005,8.63755e-005), ... and similarly for the degrees of freedom, NaN/Inf in the matrix columns. Last time step is not converged. - Feature: Time Dependent (Sol1/st1) - Error Repeated error test failures. May have reache a singularity" Would you mind to help me? Best Regards Natthawut

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.