Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to rotate a 2D Plot?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I built a model with a 3D geometry. Unfortunately the created 2D plot (postprocessing), which is based on a cut plane, is rotated by 90°. Is it possible to rotate the 2D plot back by 90° or to exchange the axis (x/y -> y/x)?

Thank you in advance!

4 Replies Last Post 5 sept. 2016, 03:50 UTC−4
Josh Thomas Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 févr. 2013, 12:17 UTC−5
Kenji-

When you define your Cut Plane you can define a yx-plane instead of an xy-plane. This should work for you.

Regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies
Kenji- When you define your Cut Plane you can define a yx-plane instead of an xy-plane. This should work for you. Regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 févr. 2013, 12:33 UTC−5
Great! That works for me.

Thank you very much!
Great! That works for me. Thank you very much!

Posted: 8 years ago 5 sept. 2016, 03:44 UTC−4
Hi!

I'm at loss for how to do this with a general plane type (which I have to use since the plane I want to plot has it's normal pointing towards x^-y^).

Thanks in advance for answer!

BR
Magnus
Hi! I'm at loss for how to do this with a general plane type (which I have to use since the plane I want to plot has it's normal pointing towards x^-y^). Thanks in advance for answer! BR Magnus

Posted: 8 years ago 5 sept. 2016, 03:50 UTC−4
I made a quick breakthrough just after posting :)

A parameterized surface did the trick.

BR
Magnus

xkcd.com/979/

Hi!

I'm at loss for how to do this with a general plane type (which I have to use since the plane I want to plot has it's normal pointing towards x^-y^).

Thanks in advance for answer!

BR
Magnus

I made a quick breakthrough just after posting :) A parameterized surface did the trick. BR Magnus https://xkcd.com/979/ [QUOTE] Hi! I'm at loss for how to do this with a general plane type (which I have to use since the plane I want to plot has it's normal pointing towards x^-y^). Thanks in advance for answer! BR Magnus [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.