How to calculate near Field Enhancement in the Dimer Gap of a silver dimer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have modeled a silver dimer in air and calculated the far field spectra in the visible region. Now I want to calculate the Near Field Enhancement in the gap of the dimer. How can I compute this??

3 Replies Last Post 20 sept. 2024, 15:57 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 week ago 18 sept. 2024, 13:30 UTC−4
Updated: 1 week ago 18 sept. 2024, 13:42 UTC−4

Hi,

I am wondering which way you calculated the far field? If you did it with COMSOL using the built in Stratton-Chu method, then you must have calculated the near field and it is available for the post processing.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, I am wondering which way you calculated the far field? If you did it with COMSOL using the built in Stratton-Chu method, then you must have calculated the near field and it is available for the post processing. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 week ago 19 sept. 2024, 02:33 UTC−4

Hi, I have calculated the far field extinction spectra by global evaluation method. Now i would like to calculate the near field enhancement factor. Could you explain the method?

Hi, I have calculated the far field extinction spectra by global evaluation method. Now i would like to calculate the near field enhancement factor. Could you explain the method?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 days ago 20 sept. 2024, 15:57 UTC−4

Maybe this paper can be of interest for you:

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep30011#Abs1

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Maybe this paper can be of interest for you: https://www.nature.com/articles/srep30011#Abs1

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.