Plotting the x, y coordinates of the leading edge of a moving fluid layer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All, I am struggling to find a method to extract and plot the actual X,Y coordinates of a layer of fluid moving through a micro-fluidics device. The fluid is water, of a fixed volume injected into a channel and pulled back and forth by a pump. I need to trigger another event when the fluid front crosses a point x (this happens multiple times).

After reading numerous forum entries and trying various approaches (root.x, comp1.root.x, max(x), probe plots etc) - I have run out of ideas. Anything I plot looks nothing like the animated movement of the fluid body when I step through the results in time and physically look at the location of the water front (2D plot showing fraction of water in time).

Am I missing something simple? Plotting spf.U and other velocity and pressure boundaries is simple (see image, plotting spf.U of the front, tail and main body of the water layer)- but the actual value or coordinates of the same medium seems to be very unclear (....ironically). Thanks in advance.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.