AC loss calculation from COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

First time posting here but with a quite urgent issue. I'm very new to COMSOL (and electrical engineering in general, I'm a mechanical engineer) and I'm doing a project simulating superconducting cable with high current flow. I am using a model that has already been made, changed some parameters and have a bunch of plots and results that were predefined from the download. For reference, this is the model https://htsmodelling.com/model-files/3d-comsol-model-for-corc-cables

I am wondering, could anyone shed some light on how to calculate or plot AC losses in my cable, and where these losses actually originate? I have current density outputs and various others, but no temperature rise in the cable (this is a separate issue I'm having) and can share more info if required.

I really appreciate any help and please do assume that my knowledge around this area is very limited! Thank you.

Mark

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.