Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

save the mesh points into a text file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How can I save the mesh points into a text file or some similar?

Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post 23 janv. 2013, 18:59 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 janv. 2013, 12:40 UTC−5
I believe if you do Export-Data; Point to evaluate: from data set; Expression: x, y, and z; then you should get the file with the mesh coordinates.
I believe if you do Export-Data; Point to evaluate: from data set; Expression: x, y, and z; then you should get the file with the mesh coordinates.

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 janv. 2013, 18:59 UTC−5
Thanks, it works!

There is another option under Export: Mesh. It saves a lot of information besides the mesh coordinates like the elements, but the coordinates are there.

Thanks again.
Thanks, it works! There is another option under Export: Mesh. It saves a lot of information besides the mesh coordinates like the elements, but the coordinates are there. Thanks again.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.