Constant resistance battery modelling

Anish Kumar Kodyingal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to model a battery for a constant resistance (constant load) case. All battery models i see in the literature and in COMSOL library deals with constant current or constant voltage models. Does anybody have any experience or can point me in the direction where I can read about where neither constant current nor constant potential case are true. The battery is simply connected to an external circuit not fixing any boundary conditions but a constant resistance in series. What kind of boundary conditions would work and are there such models? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 14 sept. 2024, 02:37 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anish Kumar Kodyingal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 days ago 14 sept. 2024, 02:37 UTC−4

I think you can use the external short circuit under the electrode phase of the lithium-ion battery module to add load.

I think you can use the external short circuit under the electrode phase of the lithium-ion battery module to add load.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.