Error entitled "the DAE is structurally inconsistent"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I have a problem in my model, which is simulated in the RF time-dependent module. The error is "Errors when compiling equations. The DAE is structurally inconsistent." I think it is because of the boundary condition. I defined a uniform lumped port and connected it to the electrical circuit module. I would appreciate it if anyone took a look at my simulation file and helped me.

1 Reply Last Post 3 juil. 2024, 12:59 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 hours ago 3 juil. 2024, 12:59 UTC−4

Hmm. There's a lot of complexity in that model. I tried running it and get a different error message than you. The error I saw was:

"Undefined variable. - Variable: comp1.temw.normJs - Geometry: geom1 - Boundary: 105 Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.temw.normJs Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.bnd1"

Anyway, did you happen to prepare a simpler model first, and if so, did you succeed in executing it? If not, then I suggest you try that. It is often fairly quick and easy to diagnose issues in simple models, while it is often difficult and time-consuming to diagnose issues in complicated models.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Hmm. There's a lot of complexity in that model. I tried running it and get a *different* error message than you. The error I saw was: "Undefined variable. - Variable: comp1.temw.normJs - Geometry: geom1 - Boundary: 105 Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.temw.normJs Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: comp1.bnd1" Anyway, did you happen to prepare a *simpler* model first, and if so, did you succeed in executing it? If not, then I suggest you try that. It is often fairly quick and easy to diagnose issues in simple models, while it is often difficult and time-consuming to diagnose issues in complicated models.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.