Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

parameters

Mohamed Aymen Ben Hassen

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,
I have a simple question for you.
If I have a variable 'D' , coeficient difusion, depends to temperature (T) with the expression D(T)=0.29*T. the range of temperature is (900 kelvin to 1200 Kelvin with path of 100 K) in another word [900-1000-1100-1200]
How can I do it in comsol ?
thx in advance.

6 Replies Last Post 8 janv. 2013, 10:43 UTC−5
Josh Thomas Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 janv. 2013, 08:44 UTC−5
Mohamed,

Simply type: 0.29*T in the edit field for D. Anywhere you can enter values in COMSOL you can also enter expressions.

Regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies
Mohamed, Simply type: 0.29*T in the edit field for D. Anywhere you can enter values in COMSOL you can also enter expressions. Regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Mohamed Aymen Ben Hassen

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 janv. 2013, 08:52 UTC−5
Thank you very much Josh.
Thank you very much Josh.

Mohamed Aymen Ben Hassen

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 janv. 2013, 09:53 UTC−5
Hi Josh,
ok for the expression but how can I insert the tempreture interval [900 to 1200] ?
best regards
Mohamed
Hi Josh, ok for the expression but how can I insert the tempreture interval [900 to 1200] ? best regards Mohamed

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 janv. 2013, 01:04 UTC−5
Hi

define a parameter, and either use the Solver "continuation tab, or add a Parametric sweep node before your solver node (right click the study node) and define your parameter to get your value following your sequence, then adapt the BC or local definition for "T" such that it uses the Parameter

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi define a parameter, and either use the Solver "continuation tab, or add a Parametric sweep node before your solver node (right click the study node) and define your parameter to get your value following your sequence, then adapt the BC or local definition for "T" such that it uses the Parameter -- Good luck Ivar

Mohamed Aymen Ben Hassen

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 janv. 2013, 05:53 UTC−5
Thx Ivar for this response.
Have u an example that explain this steps ? If not, can you please explain with more details ? I can't find the solver "continuation tab"
best regards
Thx Ivar for this response. Have u an example that explain this steps ? If not, can you please explain with more details ? I can't find the solver "continuation tab" best regards

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 janv. 2013, 10:43 UTC−5
Hi

what about using the help ? try search for "Parametric Study" ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi what about using the help ? try search for "Parametric Study" ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.