Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Narrowing object

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a rectangle model that reduces its thickness by half at the middle of the length and then increases to normal size again. the dimensions are as follows

0.4 x 0.4 x 10 mm starting at z=0 (large rectangle)

0.2 x 0.2 x 10 mm (small rectangle) (small rectangle is not at the z=0 but is at the middle of the large rectangle, it is placed at z= 0.1-0.3 mm)

Basically, the total length is 50 mm as;

10 mm large rectangle + 10 mm transition zone + 10 mm small rectangle + 10 mm transition zone + 10 mm large rectangle.

But due to the height difference of the small rectangle, the plane has to be angled, I could solve the issue, and any ideas would be very useful.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies Last Post 24 févr. 2023, 09:18 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 23 févr. 2023, 09:19 UTC−5

Hello Ibrahim,

You can achieve this by drawing a cross section (here, a square) in a work plane and then using an extrusion with scales, as shown in the attached files.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Ibrahim, You can achieve this by drawing a cross section (here, a square) in a work plane and then using an extrusion with scales, as shown in the attached files. Best, Jeff

Posted: 1 year ago 24 févr. 2023, 06:51 UTC−5

Hello Ibrahim,

You can achieve this by drawing a cross section (here, a square) in a work plane and then using an extrusion with scales, as shown in the attached files.

Best,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you, would it be possible to receive .mph file for version 6.0?

Best,

>Hello Ibrahim, > >You can achieve this by drawing a cross section (here, a square) in a work plane and then using an extrusion with scales, as shown in the attached files. > >Best, > >Jeff Hi Jeff, Thank you, would it be possible to receive .mph file for version 6.0? Best,

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 24 févr. 2023, 09:18 UTC−5

Sorry, Ibrahim, but I don't have 6.0 installed.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Sorry, Ibrahim, but I don't have 6.0 installed. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.