Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

particle tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,

I am working on a 2D, time dependent analysis of laser percussion drilling that focuses on the early stage of melt ejection. Here, we are using a non-isothermal laminar flow physics. The target material(iron) is hit by a laser beam, and during each optical pulse, the central portion of the target area heats to a liquid then vapor state.

I am trying to do the particle tracing in the target material under these conditions:
1) Within a particular depth on the target material. (i.e, 50um below the surface)
2) And applying a time range.

Can anyone let me know the procedure to do it, and on what basis should i set up the X & Y component expressions to plot the tracing.

Regards,
Harini.

0 Replies Last Post 26 sept. 2012, 13:55 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Harini Patlolla

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.