Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to get the phase of reflection wave from a subwavelength grating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.
I am trying to calculate the phase of the reflection lightwave from a subwavelength grating after incidence of planar lightwave, but I do not know how to get it. Could anybody help me?Thanks a lot.

1 Reply Last Post 26 sept. 2012, 11:25 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 sept. 2012, 11:25 UTC−4
Hello Weibin,

Well, i'm not really sure what you are after but how about you calculate the fourier components of your reflected wave. I'm sure what you want can be obtained from the amplitude of the fourier components. You first have to get purely the reflected wave and then integrate the function for example (Ex_reflected*exp(i*kx*x) ) along a certain line that spans your periodicity. You can get the reflected wave by substracting the total wave with the incoming wave. Or, if you excite your wave with a port boundary condition inside your domain, behind the port boundary it is purely your reflected wave and therefore you can do the fourier transform there.

all the best
Best regards,

Aimi
Hello Weibin, Well, i'm not really sure what you are after but how about you calculate the fourier components of your reflected wave. I'm sure what you want can be obtained from the amplitude of the fourier components. You first have to get purely the reflected wave and then integrate the function for example (Ex_reflected*exp(i*kx*x) ) along a certain line that spans your periodicity. You can get the reflected wave by substracting the total wave with the incoming wave. Or, if you excite your wave with a port boundary condition inside your domain, behind the port boundary it is purely your reflected wave and therefore you can do the fourier transform there. all the best Best regards, Aimi

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.