Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

One boundary with two boundary conditions (Neumann and Dirichlet)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Please help me to understand about this issue.

I have a system of two PDE equations with two variables (u1, u2) need to be solved in General Form.

On a boundary 1, for example, I set up a Neumann boundary condition:
-n.Γ1 = f1
-n.Γ2 = f2

And then, still on the boundary 1, I set up one more Dirichlet boundary condition:
u1=f3 (Prescribed value of u1)
u2=f4 (Prescribed value of u2)

And I saw Comsol let me know that, the two conditions contribute together. So, which condition in two condition above will perform (affect to u2 on the boundary 1) in my model? (Both of them?)

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,

3 Replies Last Post 16 avr. 2015, 09:44 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thanh Lem

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 févr. 2013, 05:17 UTC−5
Hi!

I guess the boundary condition you implement depends on that that you are trying to model, right?
Hi! I guess the boundary condition you implement depends on that that you are trying to model, right?

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 oct. 2013, 12:20 UTC−4
Hi,

I'm trying to apply a constant heat flux in the energy equation,

for example,

-n(Gamma)=g where g=41000[W/m^2],

but I'm not getting good results. Do you know if I just put g=41000[W/m^2] is correct?

Thanks.

Marco
Hi, I'm trying to apply a constant heat flux in the energy equation, for example, -n(Gamma)=g where g=41000[W/m^2], but I'm not getting good results. Do you know if I just put g=41000[W/m^2] is correct? Thanks. Marco

Posted: 9 years ago 16 avr. 2015, 09:44 UTC−4
Hello Marco,

I am trying to solve a similar problem. I would like to specify both on one boundary (heat flux and temperature)
Did you find a way to get around the overwriting problem?

Thierry
Hello Marco, I am trying to solve a similar problem. I would like to specify both on one boundary (heat flux and temperature) Did you find a way to get around the overwriting problem? Thierry

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.