Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

which model should I use?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks, I am needing your advice so badly.

I am trying to model a inverted cup (bottom up, open down) submerged in water, there is still some air in the cup gathered at the bottom of the cup (actually on the top, because the cup is inverted), if more air is inflated through a pipe, how can I model this process?

I am planing to use the following two modules:
1. "Fluid flow/ Multiphase flow/ Two-phase flow, level set" to model the air-water interface and relative motion.
2."fluid-structure interaction" to model the interaction between the fluid (water and air) and the cup structure.

Do you think it is reasonable? or some advice?

thank you.

0 Replies Last Post 17 août 2012, 16:48 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jinfu Xiao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.