Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting reference pressure does not affect my results at all

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to do a simple model where I have a 2D axisymmetric geometry that has air flowing in low pressure (< 1atm) down a tube and will have some heat sources, so I am using non-isothermal flow as the module. One end of the tube is an outlet specifying some number of CFM going out. The inlet is just set to P = 0 to allow pressure and velocity to be calculated from there.

CFM * density = mass flow rate

At 1 atm reference pressure, I get certain results. When I go back and change my reference pressure from 1 atm to 0.5 atm, I would expect the solution to change. I have turbulent flow and compressible flow < 0.3 Mach enabled, so I would expect pressure changes, or velocity changes.

At the very least, my CFM * density number should change. But it does not. I cannot find any feature or option that would change things.

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 20 juin 2022, 11:26 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Damian Rivas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.