Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add S parameters in two port sweep?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I execute the S-parameter port sweep in a two port device the solutions for S11 and S12 are in different parameter sweep groups. Therefor, I cannot plot 20*log10(abs(emw.S11+emw.S12)) because both have to be in the same solution group and S11 and S12 are in different groups. How can I do this operation? Is there a function to select from a parametric sweep?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies Last Post 7 juin 2022, 09:10 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 2 juin 2022, 14:12 UTC−4

Robert,

check the with() and withsol() operators. They allow to reference specific parametric solutions.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Robert, check the with() and withsol() operators. They allow to reference specific parametric solutions. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 2 years ago 7 juin 2022, 07:32 UTC−4

Robert,

check the with() and withsol() operators. They allow to reference specific parametric solutions.

Cheers Edgar

Thanks Edgar, I tried this but when I select for a specific parameter it will only take the last of the frequency sweep instead of each corresponding one. Any workaround?

>Robert, > >check the with() and withsol() operators. They allow to reference specific parametric solutions. > >Cheers >Edgar Thanks Edgar, I tried this but when I select for a specific parameter it will only take the last of the frequency sweep instead of each corresponding one. Any workaround?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 7 juin 2022, 09:10 UTC−4

you must include the frequency in the withsol() call, so one of the expressions in the call has to be 'setval(freq, freq)', exactly like this.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
you must include the frequency in the withsol() call, so one of the expressions in the call has to be 'setval(freq, freq)', exactly like this.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.