Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Opening of COMSOL on Mac M1 pro (laptop)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Iam unable to open the application..it says that " could not obtain license for comsol multiphysics CKL" How should I fix this error ? Kindly help me

3 Replies Last Post 15 mars 2022, 10:31 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 11 mars 2022, 15:35 UTC−5

Hello Aditi,

You are using a Class Kit License (abbreviation: CKL), which is a type of networked license for the teaching of a class at a university. Those class kit licenses permit up to a certain number of users to use the software at any given time. It could simply be that all the seats were in use when you tried opening the software. If that does not appear to be the case, the license administrator can contact our technical support for assistance.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Aditi, You are using a Class Kit License (abbreviation: CKL), which is a type of networked license for the teaching of a class at a university. Those class kit licenses permit up to a certain number of users to use the software at any given time. It could simply be that all the seats were in use when you tried opening the software. If that does not appear to be the case, the license administrator can contact our technical support for assistance. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 2 years ago 15 mars 2022, 10:09 UTC−4

hi Jeff..thank you so much for the reply..how can i contact the techical support for assistance.Please guide me on this

Hello Aditi,

You are using a Class Kit License (abbreviation: CKL), which is a type of networked license for the teaching of a class at a university. Those class kit licenses permit up to a certain number of users to use the software at any given time. It could simply be that all the seats were in use when you tried opening the software. If that does not appear to be the case, the license administrator can contact our technical support for assistance.

Best regards,

Jeff

hi Jeff..thank you so much for the reply..how can i contact the techical support for assistance.Please guide me on this >Hello Aditi, > >You are using a Class Kit License (abbreviation: CKL), which is a type of networked license for the teaching of a class at a university. Those class kit licenses permit up to a certain number of users to use the software at any given time. It could simply be that all the seats were in use when you tried opening the software. If that does not appear to be the case, the license administrator can contact our technical support for assistance. > >Best regards, > >Jeff

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 15 mars 2022, 10:31 UTC−4

This license being for course instruction only, students using the license are not eligible for direct support, but the instructor(s) in charge of the class and the IT administrator in charge of the license can contact COMSOL's support team via www.comsol.com/support/ .

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
This license being for course instruction only, students using the license are not eligible for direct support, but the instructor(s) in charge of the class and the IT administrator in charge of the license can contact COMSOL's support team via www.comsol.com/support/ . Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.