Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to control the number of layers by an input parameter?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, i have a cylindrical object that i want to divide in a large number of small layers (disks), i see that one possibility is to use the option layer in the geometry (see photo). My problem is that i have to insert a large number of layers, is there any possibility to set their number by an external parameters or by an equation defined previously? The objective should be to solve the simulation for different number of subdivisions of the geometry so for a different number of layers.

1 Reply Last Post 24 févr. 2022, 05:13 UTC−5
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 24 févr. 2022, 05:13 UTC−5

You can probably find use of the Array functionality in the Geometry, and for example use some work planes for splitting your geometry.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
You can probably find use of the Array functionality in the Geometry, and for example use some work planes for splitting your geometry.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.