Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piecewise function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, Forum,

I tried two ways for specifying time varying mass flux boundary condition and got different results.

In the first way, I specify it directly as
6000*(t>=0[d]&&t<50[d])+4000*(t>=50[d] && t<75[d])

In the second way, I specify it using a piecewise function func

Start End Function
0 50 6000
50 75 4000

and then use func(t]1/d]) in the mass flux text field.

I wonder if someone has encountered this problem before.

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 20 avr. 2014, 10:54 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 juil. 2012, 15:53 UTC−4
Well. I figured out the answer to my prev post. By default, COMSOL extrapolates for the whole simulation range. So must provide explicit values for all time periods.
Well. I figured out the answer to my prev post. By default, COMSOL extrapolates for the whole simulation range. So must provide explicit values for all time periods.

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 avr. 2014, 10:54 UTC−4
HI Forum;
I need a help about how to solve a problems with piecewise functions proprieties in comsol 3.5a version
Thanks for the help.
HI Forum; I need a help about how to solve a problems with piecewise functions proprieties in comsol 3.5a version Thanks for the help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.