Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric field amplitude from data set

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to transfer a wavefield I measured in one model to another model. I measured the field in the first model with a listener port and exported the data. Now I would like to give this information to an excitation port in a different model.

I already interpolated a function with the measured values in MATLAB and used this function as the electric mode field amplitude in the excitation port.

This worked quite well but is it also possible to give the numerical values directly to the excitation port?

Thanks for your help

Jesco

1 Reply Last Post 27 janv. 2022, 23:35 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 27 janv. 2022, 23:35 UTC−5
Updated: 2 years ago 27 janv. 2022, 23:36 UTC−5

Hi Jesco

If you use "COMSOL's interpolation function" without using Matlab, you can use the exported data source as an input field as it is.

If you want to use complex amplitude, you can separate the real part and the imaginary part to generate two real-valued functions, and specify the complex amplitude using the two functions at the input port.

I'm not a Comsol advisor, so there may be an easy way to set up a complex interpolation function apart from this one.

Hi Jesco If you use "COMSOL's interpolation function" without using Matlab, you can use the exported data source as an input field as it is. If you want to use complex amplitude, you can separate the real part and the imaginary part to generate two real-valued functions, and specify the complex amplitude using the two functions at the input port. I'm not a Comsol advisor, so there may be an easy way to set up a complex interpolation function apart from this one.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.