Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Numerical Simulation of Magnetorheological Fluid in Magnetic Field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

It is known that magnetorheological fluid presents controllable yield stress under external magnetic

field. I want to know whether the yield stress shown by magnetorheological fluid under magnetic field can

be simulated with the software of COMSOL Multiphysics and which modules of COMSOL Multiphysics will be

used to deal with the simulation, which means that how the software of COMSOL Multiphysics can do with the

coupled magnetic field, fluid and stress analysis of magnetorheological fluid.

It is my first time to submit a question here, so i hope you will be magnanimous enough to excuse any

mistakes in my question. Thanks!

4 Replies Last Post 17 sept. 2013, 16:38 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 juil. 2012, 07:43 UTC−4
I think,

You should choose from AC/DC module-statics, magnetics-and the appropriate alternative for you..

For the rheological part you should choose from the chemical engineering module-momentum transport-laminar flow-nonnewtonian flow-steadystate analysis.

The volumetric forces in the non newtonian flow mode which are affected by the magnetic field will couple the two modules.

You can add an additional module heat transfer and add heat sources (defined with magnetic variables) if needed.

(These modules are from 3.5a)

You should find appropriate examples and models, and papers.

Thats all I can say.

Good luck

Atilla
I think, You should choose from AC/DC module-statics, magnetics-and the appropriate alternative for you.. For the rheological part you should choose from the chemical engineering module-momentum transport-laminar flow-nonnewtonian flow-steadystate analysis. The volumetric forces in the non newtonian flow mode which are affected by the magnetic field will couple the two modules. You can add an additional module heat transfer and add heat sources (defined with magnetic variables) if needed. (These modules are from 3.5a) You should find appropriate examples and models, and papers. Thats all I can say. Good luck Atilla

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 juil. 2012, 05:25 UTC−4
Thank you for your suggestions.

I have tried to do it as what you said, but i do not know how the yield stress of the magnetorheological fluid caused by magnetic field can be applied.

Would you mind giving me your email address? I want to submit my file to you, and your help is highly appreciated!

Thank you!

My email address: zhlyd@ysu.edu.cn
Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried to do it as what you said, but i do not know how the yield stress of the magnetorheological fluid caused by magnetic field can be applied. Would you mind giving me your email address? I want to submit my file to you, and your help is highly appreciated! Thank you! My email address: zhlyd@ysu.edu.cn

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 nov. 2012, 06:53 UTC−5
should I have same answers if you had? i'm still working on about that..
should I have same answers if you had? i'm still working on about that..

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 sept. 2013, 16:38 UTC−4
Hi

Can you provide us with an answer if you had any?

And if you know what module can be used in Comsol 4.3a or 4.3b for that application.

Your help is much appreciated.

Soroush
Hi Can you provide us with an answer if you had any? And if you know what module can be used in Comsol 4.3a or 4.3b for that application. Your help is much appreciated. Soroush

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.