Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

DXF-file import into 2D component error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

Ive been trying to import a DXF file into comsol to be used in a workplane. I made sure that the design has 0 dimensions in the Z-axis, but when i try to import it into a 2D geometry it gives the following error: "No geometry was imported.", I dont understand why this error arises. When i try to import it into a 3D it gives no errors whatsoever. I am also able to import the file into 2D software such as Blenders 2D environment.

I have the CAD import module installed, and i am sure that the file im trying to import has actual geometry.

If there is someone who encountered this error before and could provide some insights i would appreciate it.

Best regards, Simon Tenhagen

1 Reply Last Post 19 nov. 2021, 13:40 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 19 nov. 2021, 13:40 UTC−5

Hello Simon,

The issue seems to be that although your file contains a planar object it is still a 3D dxf file. If you need to import this planar object in a 2D geometry, try saving it as a 2D dxf file.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Simon, The issue seems to be that although your file contains a planar object it is still a 3D dxf file. If you need to import this planar object in a 2D geometry, try saving it as a 2D dxf file. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.