Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

comb drive accelerometer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,
i am implementing comb drive capacitive accelerometer in comsol 4.0a. and using film damping shell to account for squeeze film damping ...boundary conditions which i hav given are..... entire structure(all boundaries) i am considering
considering for film damping shell physics...but considering only movable fingersfor boundary load in solid mechanics which is dependent on fluid(fluidload/lemm1) .....

my problem is, suppose if i give 1g acceleration i get some say 0.4nm displacement in x direction
for 2g acclrn i get say 0.7nm displacement but if i again apply 1g acceleration the value will be different

i.e i am not getting consistent values for same amount of acceleration

this problem is same with calculation of capacitance

please help me in this regard

thank you

i am attaching my module image

0 Replies Last Post 23 juin 2012, 06:16 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sangamesh Vandal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.