Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plasma simulation error - cannot calculate denomMn

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate ICP plasma in a chamber with continuous gas inflow (and outflow). The chmaber itself is maintained at low pressure (0.025 Torr), but the inlet flow rate is specified using mass flow boundary condition at 1 atm pressure.

I am using the plasma, magnetic fields module and laminar flow module (to model the fluid flow).

I am encountering the following error:

Division by zero. Function: / Failed to evaluate variable. Variable: comp1.plas.Mn, Defined as: 1/comp1.plas.denomMn

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

0 Replies Last Post 17 août 2021, 14:15 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anamika Chowdhury

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.