Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

k-vector for Floquet periodicity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am doing 3D simulations of a periodic metasurface. Since an unit cell is simulated, periodic boundary conditions are used. I implemented the scattered field formulation without any port. When selecting Floquet periodicity, the k-vector must be choosen from either the periodic port or user defined values. Since I do not have any port, I have to put it manually. A plane wave propagated along -z direction with x-polarization is used for the background field. In this case, what would be the k-vector for the Flouet periocity? I have put 0, 0, ewfd.k for x, y, z field, respectively since field only propagates along the z axis. Is it correct? If not, what should be the value of k-vector?

0 Replies Last Post 13 août 2021, 21:32 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Md Rabiul Hasan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.