Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coil geometry analysis step not solved for

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, i tried simulating an inductive heating case and i got this error , anything i could change to fix it?

2 Replies Last Post 4 avr. 2021, 20:48 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 4 avr. 2021, 11:51 UTC−4

I don't deal with coils often, but... based on the exact words in the error message you posted, my best guess is that you did not include a necessary "coil geometry analysis" study step. To see an example of how to implement that, take a look at the "Inductor_3d" model, available in the Comsol-supplied Application Library. I hope that helps.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I don't deal with coils often, but... based on the exact words in the error message you posted, my best guess is that you did not include a necessary "coil geometry analysis" study step. To see an example of how to implement that, take a look at the "Inductor_3d" model, available in the Comsol-supplied Application Library. I hope that helps.

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 4 avr. 2021, 20:48 UTC−4

I concur. It may also be necessary to add some sub-nodes under the Coil Geometry analysis.

If this doesn't help, post your model.

I concur. It may also be necessary to add some sub-nodes under the Coil Geometry analysis. If this doesn't help, post your model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.