Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Swapping axes on 2D-surface plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have a problem with building plots for my time-dependent simulation. By taking a cut-line dataset, using parametric extrusion 1D and creating a surface plot from the final dataset i got a nice time-space plot. To make this more comparable to other results I would like to get the time axis on x and the space axis on y, like it is easily done with 1D plots. I could not find any well functioning way to achieve this, did i miss something?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 4 avr. 2021, 18:07 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 4 avr. 2021, 18:07 UTC−4
Updated: 3 years ago 4 avr. 2021, 18:42 UTC−4

Edited: You can easily plot quantities vs. time or even time vs. quantities (by swapping the expressions in the x-Data and y-Data fields), in 1 D type plots. Even easier, for some of these 1D plots, is to check a box under the Settings panel that says "Flip the x- and y-axes." But for a "surface" plot, this action may be a bit trickier to accomplish. I expect it to be possible. Consider posting your model to the forum so we can all take a look at it.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Edited: You can easily plot quantities vs. time or even time vs. quantities (by swapping the expressions in the x-Data and y-Data fields), in 1 D type plots. Even easier, for some of these 1D plots, is to check a box under the Settings panel that says "Flip the x- and y-axes." But for a "surface" plot, this action *may* be a bit trickier to accomplish. I expect it to be possible. Consider posting your model to the forum so we can all take a look at it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.