Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Wall vibration of a 3D Acoustic Domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am Nandha Kumar. S from IIT Madras, and I am doing my masters in Machine Design.

I attend a COMSOL Acoustics workshop taught by you, sir. I have got some doubts sir,

I am analysing a 3D domain of 5 x 3 x 2 sir. And performing wall excitation along the wall of 3 x 2.

1. I chose the Pressure acoustics Frequency domain
  2. Defined the domain (5 x 3 x 2)
  3. All the other walls are rigid
  4. I chose the air material.
  5. Gave the velocity as 0.1 m/s in normal velocity
  6. Meshed the domain
  7. In the study I gave the frequency value as 70Hz.

When I compute, I get a pressure distribution as 0 sir. Kindly help, what am I missing. and If I want to give boundary condition of dp/dn =1 How to give it in normal velocity boundary condition?

1 Reply Last Post 15 déc. 2020, 10:44 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 15 déc. 2020, 10:44 UTC−5

Hello Nandha,

Please note that the Discussion Forum is intended for exchanges between COMSOL users. To request support from COMSOL employees, please use support@comsol.com instead, or www.comsol.com/support.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Nandha, Please note that the Discussion Forum is intended for exchanges between COMSOL users. To request support from COMSOL employees, please use support@comsol.com instead, or www.comsol.com/support. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.