Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculate capacitance measurement between electrodes

Nor Muzakkir Nor Ayob

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have been able to simulate the electrical fields between 2 electrodes when one is given positive potential and the other is grounded.

However, after so much trying i am unable to get the capacitance and voltage values on any points between both electrodes.

Please help me, thank you!

4 Replies Last Post 29 sept. 2015, 08:47 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 mars 2012, 13:26 UTC−4
This model might help: www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/134/
This model might help: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/134/

Posted: 9 years ago 28 août 2015, 07:54 UTC−4
Hi I saw your discussion and I want to do exactly the same.

The link you posted doesn't work anymore...

How can I get the capacitance between ground and a certain electrode of interest.

I have 3 electrodes (see figure attached). I want to know the capacity of each electrode with the grounded line on the top of my box.

Would be great if you can help me.
Hi I saw your discussion and I want to do exactly the same. The link you posted doesn't work anymore... How can I get the capacitance between ground and a certain electrode of interest. I have 3 electrodes (see figure attached). I want to know the capacity of each electrode with the grounded line on the top of my box. Would be great if you can help me.

Posted: 9 years ago 28 sept. 2015, 22:55 UTC−4
hi, I am doing the same work as yours. Do you already solve your problem?
hi, I am doing the same work as yours. Do you already solve your problem?

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 29 sept. 2015, 08:47 UTC−4
Hello,

You may find this example helpful:
www.comsol.com/model/computing-capacitance-12689
Hello, You may find this example helpful: http://www.comsol.com/model/computing-capacitance-12689

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.