Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDE model issues

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I plan to build a two-dimensional axisymmetric model. But when using PDE to model, it is found that the current can only add the circumferential component but not the radial component, so how can I solve this problem?

1 Reply Last Post 28 août 2020, 22:41 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 28 août 2020, 22:41 UTC−4
Updated: 4 years ago 28 août 2020, 22:42 UTC−4

I know I sound like a broken record by now, but I encourage you to post your model to the forum! I can create models with currents that have non-zero radial components, in 2D axi-symmmetry models, using the AC/DC module. But there are various different physics formulations within the AC/DC module and no limit to the kinds of geometries and mixtures of boundary conditions, etc. So, perhaps you are specifying some kind of restricted application in which radial currents either don't make sense or are not allowed? There's no easy way (at least for me!) to guess the issue based on your question alone. Please post your model so that others can help find the specific source of your difficulty.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I know I sound like a broken record by now, but I encourage you to *post your model to the forum!* I can create models with currents that have non-zero radial components, in 2D axi-symmmetry models, using the AC/DC module. But there are various different physics formulations within the AC/DC module and no limit to the kinds of geometries and mixtures of boundary conditions, etc. So, perhaps you are specifying some kind of restricted application in which radial currents either don't make sense or are not allowed? There's no easy way (at least for me!) to guess the issue based on your question alone. Please post your model so that others can help find the specific source of your difficulty.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.