Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The process of forming a weld pool during laser welding

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day,

I would like to ask for your help.

I am developing a model for the formation of a weld pool and, to regret, has reached a dead end. I know that the topic is not new and there are a number of articles on this topic. But, unfortunately, a complete guide to creating a neutral model failed. It is at the very cost of trial and error to create a model from scratch. At this moment, the model implements heat distribution and fluid velocity. Problems arose with the deformation of the model; this calculation takes a lot of time or an error occurs. Could you help and point out what subtleties you need to pay attention to, the best option would be a step-by-step instruction.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely.

1 Reply Last Post 13 juin 2020, 02:56 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jans Kevišs

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 13 juin 2020, 02:56 UTC−4

Hey Man. I am working on laser keyhole welding. I am trying to simulate the basic model for Laser Keyhole Welding. I am trying to gather people who uses comsol for the similar simulations. If you're interested, please join the whatsapp group through following link:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/DwqTuzr0q2sIpIMPIFQfQs

Hey Man. I am working on laser keyhole welding. I am trying to simulate the basic model for Laser Keyhole Welding. I am trying to gather people who uses comsol for the similar simulations. If you're interested, please join the whatsapp group through following link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/DwqTuzr0q2sIpIMPIFQfQs

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.