Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to increase COMSOL precision for temperature control problems?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am modelling a temperature sensor in COMSOL Multiphysics v5.2a. I want to evaluate a boundary condition (BC) to 1 when the temperature is below 39 degC and to 0 when it is higher than 39 degC. This boundary condition is an energy source (I am using the joule heating module), that can increase the temperature of all domains. However, as you can see by the picture that I attached, there is a small problem. In this picture, when there is an of the y value it means that the BC evaluated to 1. But if I look at the temperature at that specific point its value is 39.0117 and the solver should evaluate it to 0. Any idea on how I can make sure that the BC is zero for values above 39 degC? In my case it is very important to make sure that it is 39!

Thanks folks

PS: I have tried to decrease the solver tolerance to 10^-10 and to use the events interface, but the same problem occurs

0 Replies Last Post 7 févr. 2019, 11:11 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John Peter

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.