Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation plot issue (Uni individual project)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I ran a simulation and shown plots (see images) of the induced electric field in a 3D structre caused by a varying magnetic field. However, as you can see in the pictures there are many blank spots on the plots and I cannot understand what they are caused by, if it is a mesh problem or something to do with boundary conditions, exc. Would you have any ideas regarding this?

6 Replies Last Post 6 févr. 2019, 07:47 UTC−5
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 6 févr. 2019, 02:14 UTC−5

What plot did you use to generate these images?

What plot did you use to generate these images?

Posted: 5 years ago 6 févr. 2019, 07:07 UTC−5

I used a 2D plot Multislice placed on the 2 surfaces where you can see the colors. The expression is emw.normE which I think should plot the normal electric field to the surface at a magnetic field frequency of 5.4GHz. Hope it helps. Thank you so much for the reply.

I used a 2D plot Multislice placed on the 2 surfaces where you can see the colors. The expression is emw.normE which I think should plot the normal electric field to the surface at a magnetic field frequency of 5.4GHz. Hope it helps. Thank you so much for the reply.

Posted: 5 years ago 6 févr. 2019, 07:22 UTC−5

I suspect that what happens is that the positions of the slices don't align exactly with the geometry's surfaces. I suggest that you use a surface plot with a selection subnode instead, that way you don't have to rely on any alignment.

I suspect that what happens is that the positions of the slices don't align exactly with the geometry's surfaces. I suggest that you use a surface plot with a selection subnode instead, that way you don't have to rely on any alignment.

Posted: 5 years ago 6 févr. 2019, 07:42 UTC−5

Something like what I show in the picture attached below? By doing so however, all the colors drastically change to blue. Would this still be ok if that is what the solution is (I suppose)?

Something like what I show in the picture attached below? By doing so however, all the colors drastically change to blue. Would this still be ok if that is what the solution is (I suppose)?

Posted: 5 years ago 6 févr. 2019, 07:44 UTC−5

Yes, that's what I meant. That the colors change is probably expected as you evaluate in other places now. If you have more questions I suggest that you contact COMSOL Support.

Yes, that's what I meant. That the colors change is probably expected as you evaluate in other places now. If you have more questions I suggest that you contact COMSOL Support.

Posted: 5 years ago 6 févr. 2019, 07:47 UTC−5

Thank you very much for your help.

Thank you very much for your help.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.