Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electrospray simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate an electrospray experiment using comsol 4.1 in order to see the formation of droplets leaving a needle to a plate. A high voltage is applied on the needle and the plate is connected to the ground.
So, normally, thanks to the electrostatic force, some droplets or jets should leave the needle to the plate.

I'm using electrostatic and laminar two phase flow phase field physics linked by the maxwell stress tensor. This was inspired by the 'separation through electrocoalescence' model on the Comsol documentation.

My issue is that, even if Comsol doesn't see any errors when i'm running my program, I can't have proper results.

I enclose my Comsol program if anyone wants to help me in my issue.

Thanks in advance,

david

5 Replies Last Post 23 mai 2014, 03:59 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 août 2011, 16:01 UTC−4

And anyway, is it possible in finite elements, to dissociate a liquid into 2 liquid by some forces?
isn't that an impossible issue to solve in finite elements?
Thanks in advance,
David
And anyway, is it possible in finite elements, to dissociate a liquid into 2 liquid by some forces? isn't that an impossible issue to solve in finite elements? Thanks in advance, David

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 août 2011, 12:02 UTC−4

Or can my problem be due to a bad condition number in my matrix?
Thanks in advance.
Or can my problem be due to a bad condition number in my matrix? Thanks in advance.

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 janv. 2013, 23:20 UTC−5
Hi David,

I am also trying to simulate an electrospray experiment and was wondering if you ever solved the issues you were having with your simulation.

Thanks in advance,

Karla
Hi David, I am also trying to simulate an electrospray experiment and was wondering if you ever solved the issues you were having with your simulation. Thanks in advance, Karla

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 juil. 2013, 09:35 UTC−4
Your initial values for the fluid part of the problem is wrong, both of them are referred to one fluid.
Your initial values for the fluid part of the problem is wrong, both of them are referred to one fluid.

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 mai 2014, 03:59 UTC−4
I am also trying to simulate the same problem. Did u solved the issues u had in the problem

Thanks in advance
Mayank Jain
I am also trying to simulate the same problem. Did u solved the issues u had in the problem Thanks in advance Mayank Jain

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.