Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How To Disable Diffusion in Two-Phase Flow, Phase Field Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to simulate a droplet made by fluid 1 (Φ=-1) travel through a channel filled with fluid 2 (Φ=1). The problem is, during the simulation, the fluid 1 (Φ=-1) droplet seems to diffuse with fluid 2 (Φ=1) because the size of fluid 1 is slowly decreasing over time.

In my model, the size of fluid 1 shouldn't be decreasing over time. I noticed there is a parameter called Mobility tuning parameter, which "determines the time scale of the Cahn-Hilliard diffusion and it hereby also governs the diffusion-related time scale for the interface". Even if I change Mobility tuning parameter to 0, the fluid 1 droplet is still diffusing and decreasing size over time.

So I am wondering if the diffusion can be completely disabled, or is there any other way to prevent fluid 1 from decreasing size?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 4 déc. 2018, 18:00 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chen Gao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.