Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

confusion about plasma simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi?
everyone.I am doing a job about plasma with version 4.1.Base on the Thermal plasma(ICP) model,I change my geometry (showed below),with "inlet"=0.2m/s,outlet pressure 0.3torr.The innitial electons density is1e13/m^3.

My questions are:
1?Why the electrons density at the inlet is so high up to 4.6e19/m^3?Even higher than the regions around the coils?(Fig 1)
2?I set a probe to detect the electrons density at the center of the chamber, the profile say Fig2,why there is a peak value?
Thx!

0 Replies Last Post 28 juil. 2011, 00:26 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhi Chengyang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.