Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set unsolved variables to zero in femstatic?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

Just a quick one:

I need to solve a coupled electrostatic/magnetostatic problem where my conductivity tensor depends on variables in the magnetostatic problem.

The problem is quite heavy on the memory so I'd like to do it sequentially:

Electrostatic potential -> store solution -> Magnetic vector potential -> Store solution -> Electrostatic potential again.

For the first go on the electrostatic potential, all unsolved magnetostatic variables should just be zero, and I've tried adding the properties 'init',0 and 'u',0 which should do exactly that (well at least according to the Comsol Script generator), to my femstatic-call ie:

xfem.sol=femstatic(xfem, ...
'init',0, ...
'u',0, ...
'solcomp',{'V'}, ...
'outcomp',{'V'}, ...
'blocksize','auto', ...
'linsolver','spooles');

but no luck. It still returns an error stating that the unsolved variables are... well unsolved.

How should this be done correctly?

0 Replies Last Post 8 déc. 2009, 17:49 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Troels Hansen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.