Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to sort parameters

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have been working with COMSOL for a long time now and I realy enjoy many of its features.

However, one thing that I really miss in COMSOL is the ability to sort your parameters in groups so not all parameters are in the same list.

I work with a solid-fluid coubling where there are fluid parameters and solid parameters, so it is frustrating that I have to mix these. Then I thourght the 'materials' where ideal to define different parameters. But then I run into the next problem: In the solid, I define Young's modulus 'E' and Poisson's ratio 'nu'. Now I wanted to also define the shear and pressure wave speeds 'cs' and 'cp' which are functions of 'E' and 'nu', so I can use these in equations and to see their value. BUT: now they are stored as VARIABLES, so I have to make a PLOT to see their value!

This is very annoying and I would think that this is a problem that many users have.

Do you know any smart way to come arround this or do I simply have to put all my parameters in the same huge global list?

1 Reply Last Post 10 sept. 2018, 09:02 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 10 sept. 2018, 09:02 UTC−4

Hello Jacob,

Keep your eyes peeled for the next release, version 5.4...

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Jacob, Keep your eyes peeled for the next release, version 5.4... Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.